Monday, July 31, 2006

i've been thinking...

about changing the title of this site. my days of debauchery have been burried and to carry on so would be false advertisement. here's proof for those who need it (but by now most of you all know how lame i have become)...

lately, i have an affinity for...gasp...flower arrangement. i don't know why, i don't know how, it's just something i've started doing to beautify my bathroom, and i'm kind of good at it. and i kind of like doing it. maybe it's post-break-up therapy. who knows. it's better than drinking a bottle of wine before bedtime and feeling sorry for myself every night. i look forward to receiving my household goods so i can spruce up everything else.

to add insult to injury, i've also developed a severe addiction for tinkering on the photo center computer at wal-mart. gag. i know. but it's cheap. and i like it. and i take some pretty kickin photos, granted i'm using a digicam. but still, i like messing around on that little terminal.

the kicker? i spend $20 bucks per weekend on DVD rentals. that's probably my most embarrassing confession to date. i didn't even throw away that much money at blockbuster when i was a married homebody. but it's relaxing, overdosing on a bunch of indulgent indie flicks...and i don't feel like i flung myself from a 40-foot cliff when i wake-up the next morning.

after having confessed sins of this magnitude, i hardly feel it's appropriate for me to keep up with a title that blatantly implies my life has superceded the pinnacle of all that is deviant, notorious, and quasi-morally adrift. at the rate i'm going, i'll have to sue martha stewart for rights to her URL.

certainly i'll have to sleep on this before i make any sudden moves...

8 Comments:

Blogger C.Adam said...

Netflix

12:04 AM  
Blogger SilverSabre said...

Well everyone settles down after a while, and feeling happy about urself is never a bad thing. Hey if flower arrangement does it for you then why the hell not? :)

I do bonsai and play the guitar, pretty geeky huh, but its really relaxing..I used to be a party-holic but that seems to have faded recently...

So I say do whatever makes u happy, and dont let the other stuff bring ya down.

SS

7:34 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

I would just be happy if you fixed the big blank spot at the top of your page. I am having to scroll for 5 seconds to read your anticipated words. I am too lazy for that shit.

I kid. I don't have any witty replies for a new title. I am horrible with titles. (Example being my own)

3:49 AM  
Blogger cranktool said...

Flower Arranging and My Soaking Wet Vagina.

Now thats a snazzy title.

1:52 AM  
Blogger Misty_Botchery said...

jeff - that would actually be a splendid idea because it implies i am remotely libidinous, which i am not.

but it was funny.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Um so its been more then a week since an update. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Also, I still don't know what libidinous means.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Jimmy said...

While we are on the subject of Indie movies: I just saw Everything is Illuminated. Make sure you watch the additional scenes.

Chungking Express is one of the best movies you'll never see.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Misty_Botchery said...

bought everything is illuminated back in april. love it...

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home